Thursday, March 26, 2009

Maitresse; A Review by Miss Poison

Ms. Zea passed along a DVD and suggested I watch it: Maitresse (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074883/).

I can't believe I've never seen this movie before! If you haven't heard: It's a french movie from the 70's starring GĂ©rard Depardieu and Bulle Ogier. It's about a dominatrix who becomes involved with a would-be burglar. And it's an incredible visual spectacle!

I wasn't all that impressed with the film's love story, but really, when you get to spend so much time watching the lovely Ariane putting on a black wig and eyeliner at her dressing table, or striding back and forth in a floor length latex cape, who cares? Was Ariane a strong woman or a damsel-in-distress in need of rescue by men? Quite frankly, I didn't even stop to wonder what the storyteller was actually saying about pro-Dommes, because I was so swept up in staring at the visual delights.

That dungeon! I am in complete envy of the folding staircase that descends to the lower level (at the whim of the Mistress, of course). And it amazes me to no end that fetish fashion has changed little since 1973.

One of the highlights from the DVD was the interview with the director. It seems that some of the scene play that impressed me was actually real, done on real submissives by a real Mistress. Which explains why it looked so real and skillfully done.

Maitresse was not a movie that really answered any questions about the nature of BDSM relationships, but there was so much eye candy that it really didn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment